Jamaica Street Artists Studio Manager
Maternity cover for 1 year
Jamaica Street Artists are looking for a Studio Manager to take over the day-to-day management of the Studios and deliver our public events. The role requires an all-rounder: good with numbers and good with people, meticulous attention to detail and creative free-thinker, a self-motivated person good at working alone and in a team.
We are looking for a hard-working administrator, with excellent communication skills, knowledge of accounting, marketing, events management, building management and everything in between. You will have a knowledge of the Arts in Bristol, and be prepared to work independently alongside a large number of people.
This is a challenging and busy role, with the opportunity to become a key part of Bristol’s Arts community, and contribute to the cultural life of the city.
- Managing the Studios’ waiting list, induction of new studio holders.
- Communicating with studio holders.
- Regular meetings with Studio Directors, reps, with the whole studio group and the building landlords. Taking minutes.
- Building management including maintenance, managing the Studios’ cleaner, refuse collections, cleaning supplies.
- Accounts management for the Studio with our accountant.
- Managing efficient rent payments, deposits, bill payments and invoicing, payment of business rates.
Event and exhibition management
- Planning and delivering the Studios’ public events including Open Studios (attracting over 1500 visitors over the weekend), a Christmas event and others.
- Gaining sponsors and finding venues.
- Managing studio holders, volunteers, security staff and other staff for events.
- Ensuring events contribute to the Studios’ fundraising needs.
- Ensuring smooth running of events.
Press and marketing
- Day-to-day promotion of the Studios and artists via social media.
- Event promotion.
- Preparation of a monthly email newsletter.
- Preparation and distribution of printed publicity material.
- Press releases and press articles.
- Excellent communication skills, written and in person
- Hard-working and efficient time management
- Project or organisation management experience
- Experience of marketing and publicity tools: WordPress, mailchimp, twitter, facebook, website management, printed publicity
- Experience of managing budgets and accounts
- Knowledge of the Arts in Bristol and beyond
- Your own computer with word, excel etc.
- Experience of managing a small arts organisation
- Experience of building management
- Experience of delivering public art exhibitions and events
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements
- Knowledge of Photoshop and/or InDesign
- A driving license and car
The role is freelance, part time 15 hours a week over 2 or more days, £10.50/hr.
Occasional weekend and evening work required.
This is a maternity cover post, offered for one year.
Deadline for applications: 5pm on Wednesday 6 July.
Interviews: Thursday 14 July.
Start date: mid August or as near as possible
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your cv and no more than 500 words detailing your experience and why you want the job.